Thomas C. Peachey
Thomas C. Peachey has practiced law in the Columbia River Gorge for more than four decades. He is a highly experienced trial attorney in general civil litigation, real estate disputes, probate administration, and personal injury law. He represents individuals and organizational clients throughout Oregon. Mr. Peachey offers clients a wide range of civil legal services, which include the following:
- Estate planning, guardianship, conservatorship and probate
- Business formation and maintenance
- Commercial and residential real estate transactions
- Legal Professional Liability (Defense and repair)
- Trust formation, administration and litigation
Mr. Peachey also serves as an arbitrator in Oregon’s Seventh Judicial District and formerly served as the City of The Dalles Municipal Judge.
Tom earned his J.D. from Willamette University College of Law. He currently serves on the Oregon State Bar’s Board of Governors. Tom and his wife Sue enjoy an active life in the Gorge community. He enjoys fly fishing, drift boating, cross country skiing, and local service through several charitable organizations.
Representative Public Clients Include:
Mid-Columbia Fire & Rescue
Chenowith Water People’s Utility District
Northern Wasco County Parks & Recreation District
City of Rufus
-Oregon State Bar
- Board of Governors
- House of Delegates
- Disciplinary Board
- Professional Liability Fund - Board of Directors
- Business Law Section - Executive Committee
- Committee For Defense of Indigent Accused
- Mid-Columbia Bar Association (President)
- Multnomah County Bar Association
Statement of Interest:
I've had an interest in the practice of law since my days in high school. Providing legal advice and services to individuals and organizations could not be more fulfilling. I am often presented with issues that are causing my clients unimagined stress and loss. The law provides a remedy for them. It is an honor to see that the legal system adequately addresses and meets their challenges.
Description of Representative Work:
My law practice is engaging and diverse. I have filed and brought to trial actions to obtain relief for victims of serious physical injury and death. My real property litigation has resulted in significant development in easement law in the State of Oregon. I have defended and prosecuted many actions regarding the administration of estates and trusts which have included matters of testamentary capacity and undue influence. My business practice includes several substantial multi-state businesses and local ranches and orchards.
- Hospice of the Gorge, 2004 to 2016
- District 21 Scholarship Foundation, 1985 to Present
- District 21 Education Foundation, 2016 to Present
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Foundation 2009 to 2016
J.D., Willamette University College of Law, 1978
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 1975